Monday, August 10, 2015

Trade Mail Day From 90's Niche Football Card Blog Part 1: SET NEEDS And Bonuses!

As I stated earlier today on Twitter, I received a trade mail day from 90's Niche Football Card Blog and would be posting it on the blog. We worked really hard on the nooks and crannies of the deal so it took awhile to finalize it then to mail it with our busy schedules. But, it got done and we both were pretty happy with the results.

My end of the trade was awesome all-around. It was so awesome that I have to break it up into many sections because certain cards just needed their own parts and not be summed up in one post.

In this trade series, tonight, you will find out what I got for set needs and extras, the next one you will find out about my NEW PC player, then two separate posts on important 90's PC adds and to end it all you will see an autograph card from one of my favorite actors. How is that for some good reading?!?!

So there are 5 parts in all.  

Tonight will sadly be the teaser post from this trade as all remaining posts will be published next week. Sorry about that, but I have the Jammin JDcards Retro Breakin Wax week going on and I don't want any interruptions or over-posting where you guys may miss something.

In the meantime, enjoy tonight's portion and be ready for a week of greatness next week!!!!

A few months ago I showed off my Breakin Wax of two boxes of Score 2015 football. What I didn't show was my week of sorting those cards by number and narrowing down on an index card what I needed to fill my set. However, it was much more than I was ready for. You would think breaking two boxes you would pretty much fill a set but not with this years Score. I was more than a hundred off. However, I didn't have many doubles either. It was odd.

My Score set needs is why I started working out a deal with 90's Niche blog to see if we could help each other out as he also is trying to fill his set. He has been collecting and filling Score football sets since 1989. But, as we started to exchange our dupes numbers, we could only help each other out so far. We even tried to help each other out with Score insert needs, something that didn't work out either. This years Score will be tough to complete for both base set and insert needs!

I was only able to help him with 15 for his needs and I was the lucky recipient as he helped me knock 38 off my needs. Here they are!


Some rookie needs in this group

And two Giants needs. My first Preston Parker in a G-Men uni and CRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ.

 Now onto some bonus freebies he nicely threw in with this trade! Some Big Blue love!

Some Brett Favre Flight To 420's I didn't have. What you don't know is that I have a decent amount of Brett Favre cards as well.

And to finish this part of the freebies, this swirltastic Cedric Jones Artist Proof! What a good looking card!
Overall, a great mail day. Really happy to knock some off some of the Score needs list and got some great bonuses. But, as I stated above, this is only the beginning. There is a lot more to come and some great stuff at that. So come back next week and check it all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment