Saturday, August 8, 2015

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?! PART 4

WHAT'S IN THE BOX??!!!! I yelled, well, quietly yelled to myself making a movie reference from the ending of Seven. Cause honestly like Brad Pitt, I had no idea what was inside this shoe box.

So cautiously hoping not to find a head, I opened the box and found many scrap papers, trash and some hobby items. Yes, buried within this box were some hobby items I had forgotten about. So for fun, I thought I would come up with a new segment to show you what I found.

The fourth hobby item I found in the box was this 2002 Upper Deck Sweet Spot NFL Player Patch Collection card of the great Randy Moss. These were inserted as over-sized box toppers in 2002 Sweet Spot. I was fortunate with pulling a good player out of the 50 in the set.

This is similar to today's manufactured relics, except back then they were called Souvenir patches. I think it looks really cool. Sometimes I don't mind pulling these if they are done right but overall I prefer something game used.

**********************************************************************************
TOPIC:
Thoughts on this card and other manufactured relics? Are you a fan? Yay? Nay? Let me hear it!

1 comment:

  1. I think for the most part, Topps has done a decent job with their manufactured relics. I especially enjoy their ring cards and others that embed metal into a piece of cardboard. Congratulations on pulling a Moss. I can imagine how popular this card was back in 2002 when Moss was at the top of his game. It's just a shame that there's no photograph, team logo, or team name mentioned on the front of this card. Wait. I guess that means... Upper Deck could still produce a set of these cards with current players for this upcoming season.

    ReplyDelete